Thursday, June 18, 2015

Five minutes

Ok, I know it was just for an hour.
Perhaps a little more than sixty seconds.
Or... Who knows... Much more than this..
But, certainly, not the time I'd want to be with you.

I can't avoid noticing that smile in your face.
That smile that turns my mind and drags my heart in your direction.
I like to think that I'm the one who put it on you,
Even when the tears were trying to hide it.

I can tell you all seconds
Made my heart stop.
Possess you in my arms , look into you, and sing, untune and get lost.

I wish our crazy dances,
Become a classic ballet day
And then anyone can see how much more interesting is
Three there, Four here, one to go, zero.

Screw the Rules.
Srew the metrics, the rhyme and the poem.
Not even the verses of the neatest erudition,
Not even the poems of the prettiest feeling,
Not even parties and fun,
Touch me with honesty,
More than when I feel you in my heart.

I Just wanted more Five minutes,

And a Kiss of good-bye.

Original: "CINCO MINUTOS" - VIEIRA, Guilherme Moraes


No comments:

Post a Comment