Thursday, August 6, 2015

In your pocket


He sits in front of me, trying (but failling) to make eye contact. Why doesn't he stop with this, anyway?! He just can't accept it, I guess.

"Show me your phone." He says, putting his hands through my shoulders, trying to make me look at him.

"I won't" I say quickly. "I won't because I think you don't trust me enough to believe in my words. You want to see it with your own eyes. Guess nobody told you to not believe them."

"He took a deep breath and waited. Guess he was counting 'till ten. "Give. It. To. Me."

"No!" I whisper. "Well, I got nothing to hide."

"So, show me."

"What do you expect? I mean, you think you'll find messages or something like that?"

"It doesn't matter. I want it." I gave it to him. I just wanted it to end. I wanted him back to me.
He opened apps, texts and finally... found nothing. He whispered. A long loser whisper.

"I said I had nothing. I'd never do this to you. I'm not this kind of girl. I love you." I held his hands and pulled his body to mine.

"I'm sorry" He says and kisses me.

I felt guilty about lying to him. And it wasn't the first time. There were so many lies that I created a new me. It's like I have a double life. And I prefer the second one.

I know I don't like his jealous and aggressive way. But I know I love this way when he apologizes and I see in his eyes he's not lying. I love when he surprises me with cakes and ice creams and Sundays at the park. I know I can't (and I won't) change him. Because I love him just the way he is.


No comments:

Post a Comment