Thursday, April 30, 2015

Stage

From all the feeling I have felt in my life, there is nothing like get on a stage and sing. If I was supposed to choose a feeling to compare to it, certainly it would be related to a passion than, it wouldn’t be a feeling that I chose to feel.

Maybe I like when people are paying attention at me, but I believe that no one can be indifferent on a stage. It’s amazing. When you look to the audience, there are them, hoping that their money wasn’t in vain.

The tension is nerve-racking. You think about all the mistakes that happened during the auditions, all those details that we couldn’t fix, all the wrong letters I sang on the shower... Everything.

The first step is always harder. Sometimes, you feel like you want to go back, but there is this other thing that makes you give the second step and then the third one, so I’m in the middle of the stage. So, there is an embarassing moment. The instruments are being checked and the Singer (Me) has to pretend that he has any importance during this show before the real show.

So the music starts. There is no way, chords are already knocking in my body. I try to look serious, but the smile can’t get out of my face. So the letter starts to play. During all this time, I was trying to give theatricality to the song, getting focus in each word.

I can’t just stand in the stage, I really must love people looking at me, but I just can’t be there without moving an arm. Naturally, before I sing, I need to use my inhalers for asthma, if I don’t, I run out of air. Then, I have all the energy I need to run for all over the stage.

At the end, I feel like Lady Gaga, living for the Applause. And there’s only one thing I’m sure of when I leave the stage, I want to come back there.

Original: "PALCO" - MORAES, Guilherme


No comments:

Post a Comment